Nathan Kennedy is a national award winning Irish Fiddler and classical violinist who performs 50-100 events annually around the D/FW metroplex as part of a number of ensembles, as well as performing as a soloist. He has been playing violin for over 11 years and has performed at over 500 live music performances in the last 5 years in the United States, Ireland (3 trips), and Canada. Nathan has recorded on 5 CDs to date as a principle artist, and his music has been played over 250,000 times on internet streaming sites like Pandora, Apple Music, Spotify, Google Play and others, as well as hundreds of radio stations around the globe.
His most recent project won two major awards in Europe - the CD Morland Winds with singer Sarah Copus won 2nd place Best Vocal Album, and 2nd Place Peoples Choice in the One World Music 2018 awards -#1 Radio Station Europe for World Music.
- Nathan twice won 2nd place at the Mid West Fleadh for Irish fiddle - an international competition for best Irish fiddler with competitors from Canada, the US and Central America.
- Nathan was was the first youth fiddler from Texas to compete in the World Championships of Irish Music, the All Ireland Fleadh and competed twice.
- He is a Texas State champion classical violinist as concertmaster for the McKinney, TX ISD orchestra that won Texas State best full orchestra
- He was concertmaster of McKinney ISD orchestra that won Best String Orchestra at Midwest Clinic’s annual international competition with competitors from 30 countries and all 50 states
- He was selected as an All-State violinist in Texas - the highest award a Texas violinist can receive out of almost 80,000 musician competitors.
Lead Violin – album “Winter Air” by The North Texas School of Irish Music (2013)
Lead Violin – album “Reflections” by The North Texas School of Irish Music (2015)
Concertmaster - DVD TMEA - State Champion Full Orchestra (2015)
Lead Violin – album “Innisfall” by Innisfall (2016)
Lead Violin - album "String Theory" by String Theory (2016)
Lead Violin – album “Moorland Winds” by Sarah Copus (2017)
String Theory is an exciting new Celtic folk band in the D/FW area that specializes in high energy Irish trad tunes and songs. Ranked in the top 5 Best Irish Bands in Texas by the Dallas Observer in 2016, the band features Celtic finger style guitarist and music professor Jesse Ramirez, D/FW fiddle legend Linda Relph, national award winning Irish fiddler Nathan Kennedy, Bill Zauner on upright bass, and Matt Cook on bodhran, octave mandolin, and vocals.
The band premiered in 2015 with performances at The Celt and Trinity Hall – the leading Irish pubs in North Texas, and has since had over 75 shows between those two pubs. The have also performed in many other venues, festivals, retreats, and weddings. They performed in 2015 at the O’Flaherty Irish Music Retreat – one of the leading music retreats in the US. They were selected to open for Emmet Cahill of Celtic Thunder. And, they were a featured performer at the North Texas Irish Festival in 2016, and 2017 as well as Irishfest Atlanta. Other key events have include the McKinney Music Festival, and the Shamrock Shindig St. Patricks Festival